Welcome to the Veteran White Gold Tower Dungeon Guide! (vWGT)
This walkthrough will mainly focus on doing this dungeon on Veteran difficulty, you will also learn how to beat the last boss on Hard Mode along with the regular difficulty
This guide is aimed at beginners who are attempting vWGT for the first time, along with experienced players who want a refresher on the mechanics.
White Gold Tower was introduced with the Imperial City DLC along with Imperial City Prison.
Table Of Contents
- Dungeon Overview
- Dangerous Trash Monsters
- Mini Boss: The Iron-Swathed Glutton
- First Boss: The Adjudicator
- Second Boss: Clivia’s Guards
- Mini Boss: The Scion of Wrath
- Third Boss: The Planar Inhibitor
- Final Boss: Molag Kena
- Final Boss: Hard Mode
White Gold Tower is located in the Imperial City.
Dangerous Trash Monsters
- The Crematorial Guards will spew out a very bad fire in front of it. Make sure to face it away from the group!
- If it stays alive for longer than a minute, it will enrage and wipe the group. Make sure to focus hard on these!
Portals (Plane Meld Rift)
Throughout White Gold Tower you will encounter Plane Meld Rifts, they look like bright portals emitting dark stuff. One person in your group will be able to see these portals, you’ll know if you’ve been targeted if your screen goes a bit darker and desaturated.
If your screen goes dark and desaturated, your job is to start attacking these portals, by damaging them, you will close them. If they stay open for too long, Daedroths will start spawning from them. We definitely don’t want to flood the room with bad guys so stay on top of those portals!
Mini Boss: The Iron-Swathed Glutton
- It looks more dangerous than it is. He will wave his fists in front of him, tank – make sure to face him away from the group.
- It will smash the ground send rocks down from the ceiling, be ready to avoid these.
- Will spawn poisonous circles, avoid these! They hurt.
First Boss: The Adjudicator
- The tank should keep the boss by the stairs where she spawns, make sure she is facing the stairs, not the room. The tank should be standing with the stairs behind your back.
- The rest of the group should be positioned behind the boss, make sure to fan out a bit, don’t stack on each other.
- A random player will be locked in a cage, this person will require some healing, but can lockpick his/her way out of the cage.
Sentenced (Locked in a cage)
At around 50% boss health, a random player will be teleported into one of the cages scattered around the edges of the room. These cages contain a blue fire and will hurt the player who ends up inside it. If you end up in the cage – you need to lockpick your way out of it, this works exactly like opening a treasure chest.
While someone else can pick the lock for you, there really isn’t much to be gained from that. You should pick the lock yourself. The healer should try and put some heals on the imprisoned player while she/he is opening the lock.
You will get soul shriven zombies running in from the sides, they are quite squishy so deal with these quickly as they come in. If you get too many they will become overwhelming, so try not to ignore them.
Blue Fire Pools
The boss will send out pools of blue fire on the ground. The longer the fight goes on, the more fire you will get. These hurt quite a bit so make sure to stay clear of these!
Waves of grabbing hands
The boss will turn around and send out a bunch of hands that stick out from the ground. These will move out into the room and some of them will bounce back, try to avoid these best you can. As soon as you see the boss turning, step away and get ready to dodge! Standing on the boss’ side can help a lot with avoiding the hands.
The boss will perform this attack right at the start of the fight, be ready to avoid these!
There are two blue flaming towers located on each side of the room. They will shoot out fireballs targeting random players. They don’t deal too much damage so nothing to worry about really.
Second Boss: Clivia’s Guards
The trio consists of Micella Carlinus, Cordius Pontifio, and Otho Numida. All three will engage you at the same time.
- Each boss has a class – Dragon Knight, Nightblade and Templar.
- Your party’s tank needs to maintain taunt on all three of them as they can deal quite a lot of damage to squishy players.
- Unlike other bosses, these can be chain pulled and CC’d – definitely make this your advantage! Make sure to stack them up and root them!
- If you are a melee damage dealer, be careful! Use your bow a lot and take great care when getting up close. There will be lots of harmful AOEs around the bosses.
- Healer – you will be working a lot on this one, most likely everyone in your group will need some healing here. Make sure they stay close to you!
They should be killed in the following order:
- Micella Carlinus – Dragon Knight (Tank)
- Cordius Pontifio – Nightblade (Damage Dealer)
- Otho Numida – Templar (Healer)
Micella Carlinus (Tank)
The Dragon Knight tank, she will stun, put out fire banners and emit a burning aura. Make sure to stay away from this fiery aura as it will hurt a lot! We want to get Micella first out of the three.
Cordius Pontifio (Damage Dealer)
Cordius will perform your regular Nightblade attacks along with some Dragon Knight abilities. He will perform teleportation strikes and steel tornado, he will also breathe fire and put up a banner. Just make sure to keep him taunted while the damage dealers work on him.
Otho Numida (Healer)
Otho will heal the other two bosses – tank, you should be ready to interrupt him when he does this.
He will also spread streaks of fire which can be extremely disruptive. Generally, you want to avoid this fire by keeping your distance. IF the fire is causing tons of trouble for your group, you can try killing Otho first instead of the Dragon Knight. If you do this however, the other bosses will start self-healing so make sure to interrupt them when they do.
Mini Boss: The Scion of Wrath
- Not very difficult, he looks bad but he is not actually that bad 🙂
- DON’T interrupt him when you see the red lines – he causes less damage while doing this than if you interrupt him and he starts summoning fire from the sky.
- Make sure to face him away from the group.
- He will cause fire to rain from the sky, make sure to avoid these best you can.
- Keep damage on the boss and he will go down pretty quickly.
Third Boss: The Planar Inhibitor
This is one of the most confusing bosses in the game. Pay attention 🙂
- This boss cannot be taunted, the pinion in the middle is used to control aggro. Still puncture him though so you get the breach and fracture.
- The Inhibitor has two phases, it’s important to understand each, further instruction below.
- Make sure everyone in your group understands what to do. If people start randomly interacting with the pinion, this will go bad!
Whoever interacts with the pinion in the middle of the room will get aggro on the boss, this is the ONLY way to “taunt” the boss.
The pinion will keep shooting out fireballs at random players as long as it is open. Whenever someone interacts with the pinion, it closes for a moment and no fireballs shoot out. When the pinion is closed, nobody can interact with it until it’s open again. This means that whoever interacted with it will be stuck with aggro until the pinion opens again and someone else can grab it.
Portals (Plane Meld Rifts)
As with previous rooms in White Gold Tower, you will get portals in the room. Two players will be randomly selected to “see” these portals. If your screen goes desaturated and a bit dark, you can see the portals and it’s your job to attack them so that they close.
If the portals stay open for too long, Daedras will start coming out of them, so make sure to close them! The tank should not be closing portals.
Boss Phase One
At the start of the fight, the tank should interact with the pinion to get aggro. Hold the boss still so that the damage dealers can nuke the boss. The boss will summon some AOEs on the ground so squishy players beware!
The Pinion will open shortly, it’s best to just leave the pinion from now on until the next phase, let the tank keep aggro while you damage the boss. The Healer needs to heal the group from the incoming fireballs from the pinion.
If this is too much damage for your group, you may need to switch aggro back and forth between the healer and the tank in order to keep the Pinion closed so that you don’t get any fireballs shooting out.
Any portals that open need to be closed asap!
Boss Phase Two
The boss will fly up in the air and shoot down into the ground creating a big AOE, stay out! The SECOND time the boss performs this attack, it will switch over into phase two. You can see this by the pinion turning blue.
Now the boss will have a fire AOE surrounding it at all times, this will deal HUGE amounts of damage, it’s usually too much for even the tank!
We will now need to trade aggro forcing the boss to run back and forth through the room, NOBODY can stay near the boss.
When the boss enters this phase, the tank should pull it over to the side of the room. An appointed player should now interact with the pinion and run to the OTHER side of the room, forcing the boss to travel all the way across the room.
The tank should get ready to interact with the pinion as soon as it is ready and start pulling it back in the other direction. The goal here is to make sure the boss never gets close to anyone.
Keep doing this until the boss stretches out its arms and collapses on the ground. The boss will now switch back into phase one and you can start dealing damage again just like before. Now we just need to keep doing this until the boss is down.
Final Boss: Molag Kena
- The boss will be surrounded by four lightning aspects, these need to go down before the boss can be harmed.
- The platform is surrounded by fire – touch this and you are dead!
- Always stay away from the edge! The boss will perform various attacks that can knock you into the fiery edge.
- Molag Kena should be tanked in the middle of the platform.
- Face her away from the group as she performs a cone AOE attack.
The boss will summon Lightning Aspects that will shield the boss. You can not hurt the boss at this stage. Make sure to focus on the lightning aspects until they are all down. Beware: Once a lightning aspect goes down, it will emit a powerful AOE that one-shots squishy players. Keep your distance when its health is getting low!
Molag Kena will summon a wall of lightning that will rotate slowly around the platform. Do not touch this wall as it will one-shot you. It is possible to roll-dodge through it, it’s a bit tricky though so it’s much better if you can avoid it. Just keep walking with the wall while keeping damage on the boss.
The last lightning wall she puts out at between 10% – 20% will actually be TWO walls! And they will move in the opposite direction to each other, meaning, eventually you will be pinched between two walls. As soon as these two walls come up, you want to start burning the boss as fast as you can. You may need to roll dodge through a wall if you are about to get pinched. Drop Ultimates and max DPS at this stage and finish the boss off.
The boss will send out waves of lightning, these hurt a lot! These waves will also push you back, so make sure not to be too close to the edge! She will ONLY send these waves out while she is shielded by the Lightning Aspects.
Try sidestepping to avoid as much of this as possible, and make sure to block!
During the stage when she is protected by Lightning Aspects, she will fly up in the air and slam the ground, you will get knocked outwards. If you are too close to the edge, you will fall into the fire!
Final Boss: Hard Mode (HM)
To activate hard mode on the final boss in the White Gold Tower, read the Scroll of Glorious Battle found lying on the ground as you enter the platform.
The main difference between Hard Mode and regular veteran difficulty is that the Lightning Wall will move much faster on hard mode.
When the boss puts out the double lightning wall between 10% – 20% you need to start burning her really fast. Make sure to save Ultimates for this last bit, you want to burn as quickly as possible here. You may need to roll-dodge through the wall once or twice, the faster you burn, the fewer times you’ll need to roll through the lightning walls.
Thank you for reading this White Gold Tower guide! I hope you found it useful and that it got you out of a sticky situation.
I try to create thorough beginner-friendly guides to help not only experienced players but also newer players who want to attempt some of the harder content in the game.
My goal is that everyone should be able to experience the Elder Scrolls Online’s best and entertaining content (which is usually pretty hard).
If there were any parts of this guide that you found confusing, unclear or if you just have a better method, please let me know! I would love to improve as much as possible!
Thanks again. <3