Welcome to the Falkreath Hold Dungeon guide!
This dungeon guide will teach you everything you need to know in order to beat Falkreath Hold on Veteran including Hard Mode.
If you are doing it on Normal, it will be the same only a lot more forgiving.
Table Of Content
- Dungeon Overview
- Dangerous Trash Monsters
- First Boss: Morrigh Bullblood
- Second Boss: Siege Mammoth
- Third Boss: Cernunnon
- Fourth Boss: Deathlord Bjarfrud Skjoralmor
- Final Boss: Domihaus the Bloody-Horned
- Final Boss: Hard Mode
Falkreath Hold is located in the southeast of Craglorn.
Dangerous Trash Monsters
Between bosses you will encounter some trash monsters, the only ones you need to be careful with are the Minotaurs.
The Minotaurs must be dealt with first when you engage groups of trash monsters as they are the biggest threat. The casters should die from AOEs and secondary damage so no need to focus fire on them.
There are three different types of Minotaurs:
- Must always be faced away from the group.
- Will lay down powerful fire AOEs in front of it which everyone but the tank must stay away from.
- Charges at the tank, any other group member will die from this attack.
- Highest priority, kill first!
- Will summon rock AOEs under every group member’s feet.
- Make sure to keep moving around to avoid these and don’t stack on each other.
- Least dangerous of the three.
- Tank just needs to block the heavy attacks.
- If another group member is targeted, make sure to dodge the heavy attack – blocking is not enough.
Another nasty enemy is the Dreadhorn Firebrand:
They will use their lava whip and if anyone but the tank is caught in this, they will die.
First Boss: Morrigh Bullblood
- The boss will start off with a few adds, make sure to kill these first.
- There will be a Dreadhorn Wallbreaker (Minotaur), focus-fire should be on him immediately until he is dead. The Wallbreaker is not a huge deal, just make sure the tank is blocking his heavy attacks.
- Once the adds are clear we can focus on the boss.
- DPS should fan out around the boss.
Knock-back and shield
The boss will knock everyone back and immediately put up a shield. Make sure everyone gets into the shield to stay protected from the incoming mortars.
This is it for this boss, just keep damage on her and she will die eventually while paying attention to the knock-back and shield.
Second Boss: Siege Mammoth
- The Mammoth is not too tricky once you know the mechanics.
- The tank should pull the Mammoth to either of the three positions shown on the map below.
- Make sure the Mammoth is faced away from the group the entire fight.
- The Mammoth will swipe the tank with his tusks, the tank must block this attack, any other group member struck by the swipe will die, so keep your distance from its head.
The Mammoth will charge the tank, this is why he must be facing away from the group. If you choose either of the side locations, the Mammoth will generally get stuck in the trees and is a great opportunity for us to control the fight. He can also be held against the gate but he is more likely to start running around in that spot.
At 40% health, the Mammoth will get up on his hind legs and then slam into the ground. Everyone must block when this happens as he emits a massive AOE that will kill anyone who is not blocking. Dodging will not help.
He will continue to perform this attack intermittently from this point until the end of the fight.
During the fight, there will be fire traveling across the ground, make sure to avoid these as they can deal a great amount of damage. The trick here is to not run around like a mad person, stay put and pay attention to any flames traveling in your direction. Stay calm and move away from the flames.
Rain Of Fire
At 40% not only will the Mammoth start slamming the ground, but fire will also start to rain from the sky. As with any other AOE, just make sure to avoid these, there will be a target on the ground before it hits so you should have time to move out of it.
The worst parts really are the Charge and the Ground Slam, if you manage these two things well this fight is quite straightforward.
Trash Monsters in between 2nd boss and 3rd boss
To get to the next boss you will have to fight your way through quite a few trash mobs.
You will encounter Minotaurs and Firebrands, read the first part to of this guide for how to deal with them.
Make sure to deal with one group at a time. Pulling two groups will make this so much more difficult, patience is key here.
The kill order should be (if applicable):
- 1st: Earthbinder
- 2nd: Trampler
- 3rd: Firebrand
- 4th: Wallbreaker
Any other adds should die on their own by AOEs, if not, kill them off last.
Third Boss: Cernunnon
- This battle is a bit more complicated. It is easiest to divide this fight into four phases, so we will do that for this boss and discuss the mechanics for each phase in detail.
- There is a circle of blue wind surrounding the fight area, any player who steps outside of this field will die instantly.
The courtyard will hold three enemies evenly spaced around the center.
The kill order for these enemies should be:
- Erbogar (Ranged marksman)
- Tuecille (Melee)
- Mochveda (Caster)
Tank needs to taunt all three of them and run to Erbogar.
Damage dealers should focus down Erbogar first. Before you move on to Tuecille we need to discuss the tricky part here.
Essence and burials
Surrounding the courtyard you will see three burials with tombstones.
Once Erbogar is down, someone needs to step into his essence that appears on his body.
Picking up the essence will curse you -> You will be slowed down significantly and start taking a lot of damage.
The healer needs to make sure the carrier stays alive.
The essence needs to be carried to any of the burials (you will see a pool of light).
My recommendation is that either the tank or a stamina damage dealer picks it up. You will be very slow, but you can still roll dodge forward at regular speed making a stamina DD a good choice. Lots of healing will be required though.
This same procedure needs to be repeated with all three of the enemies.
NOTE: Each pool can only be used ONCE to cleanse. This is why you should try and kill each of them close to a burial that has not yet been used (so that the run distance with the essence is reduced). Below is a map of with suggestions for where they should be killed and where their respective essence should be carried.
It’s good practice to kill each of them near a burial that has not already been used. Below is a suggestion of where to kill each enemy and where to carry their essence.
Once all three essences have been cleansed, the main boss Cernunnon will appear in the center of the courtyard.
This part is less complicated but some caution is required. The tank will taunt the boss and damage dealers will put pressure on the boss.
The boss will stretch up his arms and target all group members with an AOE. Now you have 5 seconds to react. Make sure to spread out, do NOT stack with someone else’s AOE circle. Everyone needs to hold block.
After 5 seconds each person will get a rock on their head. If nobody stacked and everyone blocked, you should be fine.
Ghosts and skeletons
Ghosts will spawn and circle around the boss. If anyone touches a ghost, they will take damage and skeletons will spawn. If too many ghosts are touched, you will most likely wipe due to the number of skeletons.
Touching the ghosts will also fear the player sending them running in a random direction. If this happens to you while you are along the edge of the courtyard, chances are you will be feared into the surrounding blue wind, this will kill you instantly. Try and stay close to the middle!
Just make sure to kill any skeletons that spawn and try your best to not touch any ghosts.
When the boss reaches 50% we will move onto phase 3.
The main boss (Cernunnon) will disappear and the three enemies from the beginning of the fight will respawn.
It will be very similar to phase one, except the kill order will be slightly different.
- Tuecille (Melee)
- Erbogar (Ranged marksman)
- Mochveda (Caster)
This time Tuecille (Melee) will have a powerful AOE that everyone needs to get out of. That is why we want to kill her first. The AOE is bigger than average and will require full sprint or a roll dodge in order to avoid it if you are close. This includes the Tank, blocking this won’t keep you alive!
Erbogar (Ranged marksman) will charge up an interruptible attack. Try to interrupt this as it will one-shot healers and damage dealers.
The rest should be familiar by now. There will be some AOEs coming, just make sure to stay out of them as much as possible.
Kill them, take their essence to a burial just like last time.
This phase is identical to phase 2 except there will be more ghosts to watch out for.
Keep calm and avoid ghosts and this part shouldn’t be too much trouble.
If you keep dying on this stage, it’s most likely because too many ghosts are being touched and you are overrun by skeletons. Try to stay calm, watch your feet and keep damage on the boss as much as you can. Deal with skeletons as soon as they come up so that you don’t get overrun.
Getting to the next boss is not hard, you will encounter some enemies but they die easily and are not too dangerous.
Fourth Boss: Deathlord Bjarfrud Skjoralmor
- This boss is easier than the last but can cause a lot of headaches if you don’t know the mechanics.
- How to start this fight: there will be 2 corpses lying by the urns in the left and right corner from where you entered. These need to be cleansed before the fight can start (more on cleansing below).
- There will be adds coming in from the sides, kill the archers first as they will deal quite a lot of damage.
- The boss itself won’t be much trouble, he doesn’t do much. The tank should hold aggro and block any heavy attacks.
- The major part of this fight will be to cleanse corpses, so let’s go over that first.
- The tank should hold the boss by his throne (where he spawns).
- Range taunt any archers that spawn as they deal a lot of damage to damage dealers, try chain pulling them in if you can.
- Don’t worry too much about the zombies, the damage dealers will kill them quickly.
Trash monsters are going to be spawning along the edges of this room. For every monster that dies, there will be a light on their corpse.
These corpses will need to be cleansed.
How to cleanse corpses: In each corner of the room, there will be illuminated urns. If you synergize with one of these urns you will get a yellow ring around you. While this is active, pressing your synergy button will cleanse any corpses within that yellow ring. The effect will wear off after a while and you will need to synergize with an urn again.
Note: The Urn has a cooldown, so you won’t be able to constantly spam the urn for a refreshed aura. There will be a 5-second gap between when your aura runs out and when you can pick it up again.
2 people should be appointed to cleansing corpses, preferably casters as they will be able to run around cleansing corpses while still keeping damage on the boss.
It’s best to have a melee damage dealer up by the boss with the tank. The healer and a caster can cleanse the corpses as they have ranged abilities.
It is easiest to divide the room in half, one person is responsible for one half of the room and vice versa.
Make sure to cleanse any corpses you see, especially if the light coming from them starts turning red.
We will discuss what happens if you don’t cleanse in the next part.
The Red Circle Under Your Feet
After a while, you will see an expanding red circle under your feet. Once the ring expands to it’s fullest size, you will start taking an insane amount of damage.
Here’s why: The more un-cleansed corpses there are lying around, the more harmful this red circle will be.
If all the corpses are cleansed, the red circle will appear for a little while and then go away.
If you die from this circle, it means that not enough corpses were cleansed.
Finishing the boss
Make sure cleansing corpses is priority number one.
Kill adds as they come in, try to kill them as close to the middle as possible so that it’s easier to cleanse.
Keep pressure on the boss and this fight should be pretty easy.
It might take a few tries to get the hang of the cleansing part, don’t worry, just keep practicing and you will get it.
To get to the next and final boss, kill the trash monsters on your way out of the crypt.
Outside you will encounter some mean Minotaurs.
Skip Opportunity: You can skip these if you like by sneaking off to the right. Make sure everyone stacks on each other and move together to the door that leads into the hut. Make sure everyone is in sneak/crouch mode for this! You should all move together and enter the door at the same time or you will aggro the Minotaurs. Sheath your weapons otherwise it takes longer to enter the door!
If you want to deal with these monsters, follow the same recipe as the previous Minotaurs.
- 1st: Earthbinder
- 2nd: Trampler
- 3th: Wallbreaker
Final Boss: Domihaus the Bloody-Horned
- This boss can be very frustrating, there are a lot of things to keep track of. Being in such a confined space struggling with camera angles certainly doesn’t help.
- Expect to wipe quite a few times on this boss before you get it right. I spent 4 hours on this boss alone the first time I completed it.
- Understanding the mechanics here is crucial.
- All the mechanics on this boss are health-based, so if you are burning him too quickly, it could actually make it more difficult. If things are happening too fast, try to slow down DPS a bit so that you can deal with each phase in a calm manner.
- The tank needs to make sure Domihaus is taunted 100% of the time through this fight. The boss’ fire attacks will kill any other player very quickly.
- You will need to block a lot, Domihaus’ attacks will hurt even you quite a lot.
- When the adds show up, make sure to keep them taunted, especially the Stone Atronach as it can charge players which will kill them. Try chain pulling the Fire Atronach into the group so that he dies from AOE damage.
At certain percentages, Domihaus will perform a shout attack. The percentages are:
70% – 50% -30% – 10% – 5% – 2%
You have to hide behind one of the pillars that are situated in a circle around the room. If you do not hide, this will kill you instantly.
To make things trickier, any pillar that a player is hiding behind will break. This means, if you all spread out and grab a pillar each, you will run out of pillars quickly and wipe.
Every group member should try and hide behind the same pillar so that only one is consumed during each shout. It is commonly agreed that you move clockwise around the room as pillars are consumed, starting by the one left of the door you entered through.
When you get close to a percentage, make sure to move towards the next pillar you will hide behind. Being on Discord and having someone call this out helps a LOT.
Note: If Domihaus is in the middle of performing an ability once you hit a shout percentage mark, he will perform the shout the next opportunity he gets. So it might happen at 40% instead of 50%, but don’t be fooled, he WILL perform it as soon as he can.
Note: You probably won’t have to worry about the shouts at 5% and 2% as you are very likely to kill him before he has time to engage these last two shouts. Just make sure to save Ultis for the end and you should be OK.
Adds will show up at certain health percentages as well:
80% – 60% – 40% – 20%
Domihaus will freeze during this stage and will become invulnerable, he will not attack either giving you a window to deal with the adds.
The tank should gather up the adds and let the damage dealers blast all AOEs they’ve got to burn the adds.
The destruction staff Ultimate comes in handy here, make sure to save your Ulti for these adds.
Try killing the Stone Atronach first as it poses the biggest threat. It can charge around killing squishy players.
At 20% the adds will no longer spawn based on health. They will start spawning every 90 seconds. This give you quite a lot of time but you definitely want to try and burn the boss down asap after 20%.
Domihaus will randomly perform an attack that will summon rocks underneath everyone’s feet. If you panic and start running around here, you will die.
The tell-sign for this is that he will freeze everyone and you will be lifted off the ground for a brief moment.
The trick is to slowly back away and let the rocks spawn in a stacked manner so that it takes up as little space as possible. The faster you move, the larger area the rocks will cover.
Holding down block while you move is a nice way to keep your pace down, it will also protect you a bit more from the rocks should they touch you.
Make sure to not stack with other players during this phase. Ideally, you are fanned out around the boss and each person backs away and starts going sideways in the same direction.
Throughout the fight, Domihaus will summon ground fire AOEs. This isn’t really a big deal, except that it is probably the main reason new players wipe in this dungeon.
The reason people wipe due to this is because it causes a lot of stress and panic.
The trick here is to learn the pacing and understand where to be without having to think too much about it. When you are not expecting where the fire will be, it’s easy to panic.
Domihaus will spawn fire AOE either outside the pillars, or inside the pillars.
If the fire is outside, everyone needs to stay inside and vice versa.
He will never cast the same area twice in a row, so if the fire is outside, it will be inside next.
Just keep trying and this will become second nature after a while.
Domihaus will randomly shoot fireballs that trace the ground outwards from him. Just make sure to avoid these as they deal a lot of damage. If you died without knowing what killed you, it’s most likely from these fireballs.
Domihaus will slam the ground while he is throwing these fireballs, so keep an eye out for that.
You can take cover from the fireballs by hiding behind the pillars. Unless there is fire AOE outside the pillars, in which case you will have to avoid them best you can.
At 20% this fight ramps up in difficulty. You will get adds and Domihaus will not freeze this time.
Deal with the adds first and then put pressure on the boss.
At around 15% you can start dropping ultimates on him and crank up your damage to the max.
Don’t forget the shout at 10%.
At 5% you will get more adds, ignore the adds and keep damage on the boss until he is dead.
He will also shout at 5% and 2%, however – you will most likely finish him off before he triggers those last shouts, so don’t sweat it too much there.
Final Boss – Domihaus Hard Mode
To engage hard mode in Falkreath Hold, you need to blow the horn which is located to the right of the door when you enter the hut.
It is very similar to the regular fight with two main differences:
- You will start the fight with 2 columns already broken. So making sure to stay coordinated with his shouts is vital in hard mode.
- At 20% the boss will put up a shield that protects him that you need to break through before you can finish him off. Just keep damage on him and it will eventually break.
A good practice is to start saving up your Ultimates at around 40% and then drop them at around 15% to speed up the end of the fight. Doing this will make it easier to avoid the last shouts and reduce the amount of adds spawning.
Thank you for reading this guide! I hope you found it useful, I had lots of fun making it. If there are any parts you find confusing or you have a better way of doing it, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. I would love to improve it further!
I want to provide detailed guides for the harder content in ESO so that all players can take part in and enjoy the most fun content in the game.